Legal Help for Jones Act and Seaman Injury Claims – Seattle, Washington Lawyers
If you work in any capacity as crewman on a boat, ship, barge, tug, ferry, cruise ship, tour boat or commercial fishing vessel, you are most likely protected by the Jones Act. The act applies to maritime workers injured while working aboard vessels in navigable waters at sea and in rivers, lakes, bays and sounds.
Federal maritime law & the Jones Act covers the rights of maritime workers to receive financial compensation when they are injured or become ill while working aboard a ship, boat, barge, tug boat, ferry or other vessel.
Who Is Covered by the Jones Act?
The Jones Act applies to all crewmen working in the services of the vessel, from the captain to the cook to the lowest deckhand. Even entertainers on cruise ships are considered Jones Act employees.
Maritime workers injured through negligence may obtain financial compensation for lost wages, lost future earning capacity, medical expenses, pain and suffering, vocational retraining, physical and psychological therapy, and more.
Experienced Jones Act Lawyers
At Beard Stacey and Jacobsen, LLP, in Seattle, Washington, our maritime lawyers have obtained significant verdicts and settlements for our injured clients in thousands of Jones Act claims. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to help you, too.
At Beard, Stacey and Jacobsen, LLP, in Seattle, Washington, our maritime lawyers have obtained significant verdicts and settlements for our injured clients in thousands of Jones Act claims. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to help you, too. We are recognized nationally as one of the premier maritime personal injury firms.
Please contact us today to discuss the specifics of your maritime injury. The initial consultation is free and you will pay no attorney fees unless we win compensation in your Jones Act injury claim.
To learn more about our maritime injury practice, please visit the following Web pages:
- Death On The High Seas Act
- Maintenance and Cure
- Injured Fishermen's Rights to Benefits
- What To Do if You're Injured
- Fishing Accident Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Alaska Crab Boat Accidents
- Seattle Lawyers for Alaska Fish Processor Accidents
- Seattle Lawyers for Alaska Factory Trawler Accidents
- Seaman Accident Claims
- Seattle Deckhand and Crewman Injury Claims
- Seattle Lawyers: Tug and Towboat Accidents
- Seattle Lawyers: Barge and Tugboat Injury Claims
- Seattle Ferry Worker Claims
- Washington State Ferry Worker Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Maritime Wrongful Death Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Merchant Seamen Injury Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Vessel Sinking Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Dredge and Pile Driver Injury Claims
- Tacoma Boat Accident Lawyers
- Alaska Maritime Injury Lawyers
- Oregon Jones Act Injury Lawyers
- Seattle Cruise Ship Injury Lawyers
- Maritime Fire and Explosion Injury Claims
- Seattle Lawyers for Injured Longshoremen and Harbor Workers
- Seattle Lawyers for Alaska Airplane and Helicopter Accidents
- Million-Dollar Results
- Jones Act Verdicts and Settlements
- Fishing Accident Verdicts and Settlements
- Tug and Towboat Verdicts and Settlements
- Maritime Wrongful Death Verdicts and Settlements
- Fish Processor Verdicts and Settlements
- Vessel Sinking Verdicts and Settlements