Seattle Lawyers Recover Millions for Victims of Tug and Towboat Accidents
The attorneys of Beard, Stacey and Jacobsen, LLP, have obtained impressive verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients who were seriously injured aboard barges, tugboats and towboats.
A few of our past million-dollar successes:
- $3.5 million for a deckhand who suffered a traumatic brain injury when he was struck by a pipe that slipped out of the grasp of a crane. The impact fractured his skull, caused orbital blowout fractures (breaks in the bones around the eyes) and left him with balance and seizure disorders.
- $2.9 million in wrongful death for oil response barge worker.
- $2.1 million in a jury verdict in Oregon for a tugboat deckhand who suffered an extremely serious injury to his hand due to negligent operation of a crane.
- $1.5 million for a tugboat captain in Oregon who suffered compound fractures to his arm in an accident that occurred while a crane was being offloaded from a barge.
- $1.2 million for injury to salvage barge deckhand.
- $1.2 million for oil response barge deckhand neck injury.
Other tug, tow and barge accident results include:
- Fall through holes in dock causes knee and back injury
- Failure to adequately man vessel leads to shoulder injury
- Damaged “H” bit causes line snapback and wrongful death
- Able seaman swept into bulwarks by heavy seas causing back and shoulder injuries
- Neglected anchor winch maintenance causes wire rope unspooling and wrongful death
- Burst hydraulic hose causes slippery deck and leg injury
- Break in barge access ladder causes back injury
- Tag line breaks, causes back injury
- Failure to provide ladder between barges causes knee injury
- Fall down a ladder in heavy weather conditions results in back injury
- Seaman falls onto barge, suffers knee injury because of slippery bull rail
- Deckhand suffers shoulder injury from handling large-diameter mooring lines
- Neglected nonskid surface causes back injury
- Inadequate crane maintenance on log barge results in brain injury
- Inadequately maintained deck leads to knee and ankle injury
- Slick engine room deck causes fall and back injury
- Negligent maintenance of a Texas deck ladder causes back injury
- Hand injury caused by improper tools
Located in Seattle, Washington, we represent injured tug and towboat crew members throughout the U.S. Whether you were injured on a harbor tug, a seagoing towboat or on an inland waterway, we know how to help.
Our lawyers understand how accidents can easily happen on tugboats and towboats. We have handled thousands of Jones Act claims for injured seamen just like you. Jim Jacobsen, a partner in the firm, worked aboard tugs prior to going to law school.
You can trust our experience, knowledge and commitment to achieving the best possible results in every case.
Don't trust your tugboat, towboat or barge accident claim to just any lawyer. Contact the maritime accident lawyers at Beard, Stacey and Jacobsen, LLP, for a free consultation.