Seattle Lawyers Recover Millions in Vessel Sinkings/Jones Act & Death on High Seas Act Claims
When vessels sink and seamen lose their lives, their family members need legal help they can rely on to find out why their loved one died and to hold the negligent parties accountable.
The maritime law attorneys of Beard, Stacey and Jacobsen, LLP, in Seattle, Washington, represent survivors of those who died a wrongful death in vessel sinkings throughout the U.S. If you have lost a family member when a vessel went down, you can count on us for experienced, effective legal representation. We have the compassion, skill & experience necessary to handle vessel sinking cases.
We also represent clients who survived after their vessel sank but suffered serious injuries, from frostbite to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Some of our million-dollar results in vessel sinkings include:
- $2.3 million for the wrongful deaths of crewmen in a factory trawler sinking off the coast of Alaska
- $1.5 million wrongful death of Alaska fish processer
- $1.3 million in the wrongful death of a crewman on an Alaskan factory trawler that sank
- $1.2 million for the wrongful death of a crew member on an Alaska crab boat that sank because of failure to adhere to vessel stability standards
- $1 million in a case in which a lack of adequate safety equipment resulted in a crewman's wrongful death in an Alaska crab boat sinking
- $1 million for the survivors of a seaman who died when an Oregon crab boat sank
- $1 million in a wrongful death case involving a crab boat that sank because of insufficient safety training
Our law firm represented clients who lost family members in the 1990 sinking of the Aleutian Enterprise in the Bering Sea. We also represented six of the 15 victims of the Arctic Rose sinking, one of the worse commercial fishing accidents in the past century. We handled the 2008 sinking of the Alaska Ranger and Katmai.
If you have lost a loved one at sea, you can count on us for effective representation and personal client service. To discuss your case, please contact our office to arrange a free consultation.